As Net Zero Atlantic’s Communications & Engagement Lead, you will have an impact on our region’s transition to a low-carbon economy. If you are a strategic communicator who enjoys building relationships and clearly communicating complex issues to diverse audiences, we want to hear from you.
At Net Zero Atlantic we lead applied research and contribute to projects that enable the transition of Atlantic Canada’s energy system to a carbon-neutral future through collaboration with academia, governments, private sector, Indigenous Peoples and NGOs. We facilitate collaborative research and projects focusing on resolving key questions related to the energy transition. Our fields of interest include energy system modelling, offshore wind, hydrogen, geothermal energy, carbon sequestration, emerging concepts and technologies and behavioural based mitigation solutions.
About the Opportunity
In this full-time, permanent position, you will be responsible for:
- Creating and implementing communications and community engagement strategies.
- Ensuring consistent and effective external communications and stakeholder engagement.
- Writing and editing proposals, reports and other documents as required in collaboration with the Net Zero Atlantic team.
- Producing and providing input to presentations, web and social media content and other materials.
- Developing strong relationships with existing partners and building new relationships across diverse communities.
- Coordinating events such as community meetings and workshops.
Your qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree and/or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in public relations, communications studies, or journalism, or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Experience creating and executing communications and engagement strategies.
- Highly motivated creative and strategic thinker with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Skilled writer and editor.
- Experience working with cross-functional, collaborative, and inclusive teams.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently, multi-task and manage tight deadlines.
- Event planning experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, PowerPoint and Excel software.
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and able to travel periodically for work.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
Net Zero Atlantic is committed to the principles of employment equity. We encourage applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying at LGBTQ2SI, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or person who have been granted Refugee status in Canada.
We support a healthy and balanced lifestyle and offer a flexible, hybrid work environment. Our total compensation package includes competitive salary, health and dental plans, pension contribution, generous paid vacation, and professional development opportunities.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, merged into one document, by Monday, September 18, 2023. We thank all applicants, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply to:
Ms. Nalani Perry, Operations Manager