At Net Zero Atlantic, we're helping Atlantic Canada move toward a more sustainable energy future by producing credible and objective data to inform sound energy policies and decisions. Our focus is on coordinating research and projects that will help to decarbonize our region’s economy, mitigating climate change impacts and moving Atlantic Canada toward net-zero emissions by 2050. Our clients include government and industry representatives who need complete and reliable information to guide thinking and action.
We are changing the way energy research is delivered. We’re in the business of facilitating collaborative, made-to-order research projects that resolve key energy-related questions. We are growing fast and are looking to add to our team. Currently we are seeking a fulltime Green Choice Program Coordinator.
In this role, you will have a direct impact on Atlantic Canada’s energy system transition. Your job will be to assist with the implementation of the Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources and Renewables (NRR) Green Choice Program. The program is designed, and led by NRR and we, alongside their partners, are core participants of the program. The program is under development and will be delivered with key partners such as Nova Scotia Power Inc. and the Procurement Administrator – Coho Climate Advisors.
The Green Choice Program is a green tariff program like other programs operating in regulated energy markets across numerous jurisdictions in North America. Under the Nova Scotia Green Choice Program, commercial and institutional large energy customers may apply to be accepted to the program and have new renewable energy resources built to meet their energy consumption needs. The Program assists with the overall transition of the electricity system to renewable energy to meet climate change goals and Renewable Energy Standards.
Although you will be based out of Net Zero Atlantic, you will work under the guidance of the Green Choice Program Senior Analyst, Clean Electricity within NRR. You will work hand in hand with them to develop, deliver and administer the Green Choice Program.
Within this role, you will assist with:
- Creation and implementation of all aspects of program development and delivery in collaboration with Nova Scotia Power and the Procurement Administrators;
- Development of communications resources, tools, and materials to launch, administer and monitor applications and program decisions;
- Significant engagement with various collaborators and partners / collaborators;
- Assist with policy development;
- Aid with the development of Request for Proposals for new renewable energy;
- Writing reports and progress updates; and
- Creating application forms and reporting templates.
Your qualifications include:
- An undergraduate or Masters degree with a focus on Environmental Studies, Business, Public Administration, or Multi-disciplinary Studies, OR 5+ years demonstrated, related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Specific education and experience in managing programs or projects, including program development, design, coordination and administration.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple administrative aspects of creating a new program.
- Motivated to contribute to Atlantic Canada’s transition to a net zero future.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Independent worker, well organized, self starter.
Assets (but not required):
- Knowledge or experience in electricity and renewable energy sectors and markets.
- Preparing and delivering communications materials and presentations.
Net Zero Atlantic is committed to the principles of employment equity. We encourage applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying at LGBTQ2SI, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or person who have been granted Refugee status in Canada.
We support a healthy and balanced lifestyle and offer a flexible, hybrid work environment. Our total compensation package includes competitive salary, health and dental plans, pension contribution, generous paid vacation, and professional development opportunities.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, merged into one PDF document, by Friday, September 22, 2023. We thank all applicants, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply to:
Ms. Nalani Perry, Operations Manager