At Net Zero Atlantic we lead applied research and contribute to projects that enable the transition of Atlantic Canada’s energy system to a carbon-neutral future through collaboration with academia, governments, private sector, Indigenous Peoples and NGOs.
We facilitate collaborative research, pilot and demonstration projects that resolve key questions related to the energy transition. Our fields of interest include energy system modelling, offshore wind, hydrogen, geothermal energy, carbon sequestration and behavioural based mitigation solutions. Further we are enabling the creation of solutions that don’t exist yet but are needed to ensure a net zero future.
We are growing and looking to add to our team. Currently we are seeking a fulltime Renewable Energy Engineer.
In this role, you will have a direct impact on Atlantic Canada’s energy system transition. You will be responsible for the successful identification, creation and delivery of projects in our renewable energy / clean technology research portfolio.
By encouraging innovation and building energy sector knowledge you will help solve current and emerging decarbonization questions in the renewable energy space. You will collaborate with contributors from government, technology and service providers, regulators, energy-project developers, academia and program funders.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Defining project scopes of work, schedules, costs and deliverables,
- Report on progress and financials to project participants, funders and stakeholders,
- Ensure communication and collaboration amongst project participants, funders and stakeholders,
- Perform critical path analyses and develop action plans to mitigate risks,
- Manage delivery of funding through calls for proposals and other mechanisms,
- Support Net Zero Atlantic’s communication initiatives, and
- Support activities that further Net Zero Atlantic’s mandate.
Your qualifications include:
- A Bachelor or Masters degree in engineering and 4+ years related experience.
- Motivated to contribute to Atlantic Canada’s transition to a net zero future.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Independent worker, well organized, self starter.
Assets (but not required):
- Project management qualification (PMP).
- Experience managing research or technology development projects.
- Experience collaborating with First Nations or equity deserving groups.
- Familiarity with Atlantic Canadian energy and climate change policy goals, objectives and programs.
Why Net Zero Atlantic?
Net Zero Atlantic supports a healthy and balanced lifestyle, which is why we offer a flexible, hybrid work environment. Our total compensation package includes competitive salary, health and dental plans, pension contribution, generous paid vacation, and professional development opportunities.
If interested in this employment opportunity, please respond with a resume and cover letter merged into one PDF document by Friday, June 16, 2023. We thank all applicants, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NZA is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying at LGBTQ2SI, and people with disabilities. This opportunity is restricted to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or person who have been granted Refugee status in Canada. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, let us know at the time of applying.
Please apply to:
Ms. Nalani Perry, Operations Manager
Via email at: email@example.com